26 Handy Excuses for Missing the Shot

26 Handy Excuses for Missing the Shot

Every photographer has their favorite excuses for not coming back with the goods on a shoot. Here are a few I may (or may not) have uttered at least once. Perhaps you recognize a couple of these yourself?

1. “Oh, it wasn’t that great a moment; I’ve seen better.”

2. “My eyes are getting old — I don’t see as well as I used to.”

3. “I lost my contact lens.”

4. “My dad/sister/buddy/colleague borrowed my camera. He/she didn’t reset the diopters in the viewfinder.”

5. “If I had that image-stabilized lens, I would have nailed that shot.”

6. “I had the best possible spot staked out, clear shot of everything. Then everyone in front of me stood up.”

7. “I ran out of memory cards.”

8. “My brand new batteries died.”

9. “What do you mean the race is over? I just heard the announcer call the runners for the Men’s 100m Final to their starting blocks!”

10. “The rain messed up the autofocus on my camera.”


More from Peter Phun

Post a Comment